Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feb-March

This month I have been messing around with different ways to add depth to my work.  I never really liked using flat canvasses.  Last time I used the molding paste, and this time I tried layering actual pieces of paper.  One trick I discovered is using acrylic paint over sandpaper.  I don't know if this is a tried technique, but it really helps colors and lines blend easily and is fun to paint on.  I would like to do something with wire next month, but haven figured it out yet.  I'm not quite done with both pieces yet, but I think they are due on Wednesday, so I have a couple more days to finish them.

In other news, Lakeridge Swimming placed very well.  I have another swim meet in Washington in a couple weeks, which should be fun.  We are tapering right now, which basically means I am not allowed to do anything physical outside of swim practice.  It really helps fuel the senioritis!

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool idea with the sandpaper, I've never heard of it, score for Andrew.
    Ps. YAYAYY swim.

    ReplyDelete